October 2020 Covid Info
Update, October 23rd, 2020: Testing Partners Expanded
The pre-travel testing program is well underway, & we are super excited to welcome visitors to Hawaii again!
Inter-island travel has been opened to travelers with a negative test. Local testing partners have been expanded, so you have many options for testing before island hopping. Partners include
- Clinical Laboratories of Hawaii
- CVS Health (Longs)
- Diagnostic Laboratory Services, Inc.
- Hawaii Pacific Health
- Kaiser Permanente (members only)
- Minit Medical
- Urgernt Care Hawaii
- Vault Health
Update, October 12th, 2020: Awaiting Details
We’re waiting for more news from Mayor Harry Kim on the pre-travel testing program. Mayor Kim has expressed desire for a post-travel testing program to further protect Hawaii’s residents. We’ll keep this page updated as we learn more.
Update, September 2020: Hawaii Re-Opens October 15th!
We’re thrilled the State of Hawaii has announced a pre-travel COVID-19 testing program. Here’s what we know as of Tuesday, September 29th:
- The pre-travel testing program begins October 15th.
- The test must be administered within 72h from the “final leg of departure”.
- Testing must be completed prior to travel. Tests are not available upon arrival in Hawaii. This is a pre-travel testing program.
- Testing expenses will be the responsibility of the traveler & no testing will be available upon arrival at airports in Hawaii.
- If a traveler’s test results are not available at time of arrival, they must quarantine until results are received.
- CVS & Kaiser Permanente (members only) are approved testing partners.
- PCR tests qualify as acceptable COVID tests. Hawaii’s Lieutenant Governor Josh Green says guidelines may be expanded to include rapid tests by Oct 15th.
- United Airlines & Hawaiian Airlines have announced testing programs from select US-CA gateway locations. Details are TBA, ballpark pricing is $100-250 per test.
Update, August 2020: We’re Back On The Water
Aloha SCUBA divers & snorkelers,
Boat dives are BACK IN ACTION!
After months of waiting we’re getting closer & closer to normal! Boat dives have resumed with a limited schedule & discounted kama’aina pricing for the next several weeks. Two-tank morning divers & one-tank manta dives are only $125, manta snorkelers are $99.
Our dive shop is open daily from 8am to 3pm. We’re filling tanks, renting gear, & selling new gear, apparel, and more. Give us a call at 808-329-6068 if you’d like to pick something up curbside.
Warmest wishes from your BID crew.